We provide a complete range of choke valves for use in wellhead assemblies, heat-treated systems and production/injection manifolds.
The choke product line consists of two series, MPC and in-line choke. The MPC Series Choke Valves are designed with a proven field performance and are reliable under severe conditions. A complete line of chokes is available from 2.000 to 30.000 psi.
MPC series choke features
The majority of chokes supplied to Norway are from the MPC series, including NOV's type VBS 100 series pneumatic stepping actuator. NOV has also developed an in-line choke with great success. A number of such devices have been delivered in recent years, with many installed for severe service where traditional control valves have washed out after a short period in service.
- Designed for low operating torque under all conditions
- All trim sizes, maximum orifice and above (up to 6/8 inches) is pressure-balanced to reduce torque
- Seat wear monitor (patented) detects washout in wear sleeve before erosional damage can occur in the body
- Bolted bonnet design for added safety
- Large body reservoir eliminates body erosion
- Extended seat length provides added wear protection to increase service life
- Cage design reduces noise level by as much as 20 dBa
- Can be fitted with any kind of actuator (electric, stepping pneumatic, hydraulic or linear diaphragm)
- Easy maintenance
MPC In-Line Choke features
Mainly the same as above, but face-to-face dimensions can additionally be achieved to meet those given for control valves in order to fit between existing pipe work.
A downstream end cap design permits inspection without removing the choke from the flow line. Nor do any electrical connections need to be disconnected with regard to apossible actuator.
2" up to 12" flange / hub sizes
1/2" and up to 6.5" (at present)
API 2.000 up to API 30.000 (also all ANSI classes)
Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Duplex, Super Duplex & 6Mo